Structuring of financial data for a leading hotel group in Europe
Its mission is to manage and optimise these hotel assets through renovation, acquisition and construction projects. Its strategy is to consolidate a property portfolio by maximising the operational performance of the hotels and optimising their long-term value. To support this strategy, our client is looking for a project portfolio management solution with an initial scope in France, before rolling out to all subsidiaries abroad.
This project portfolio management solution should enable the implementation of the following main functionalities:
- Opportunity management;
- Business management with the development of a calculation engine for all the costs of a business, including contingencies;
- Management of budgets and costs to completion;
- Management of contracts/orders/invoicing/suppliers/materials base;
- Reporting of business, investment portfolios, invoicing follow-up;
- Interoperability of the solution within an existing IS.
Our team managed the entire implementation project, from the customer requirements expression part (AMOA team : project ownership team) to the development of the solution (MOE team : project management assistance team).
The implementation methodology used is the Agile method, which places the customer’s requirements at the centre of the project. This flexible methodology, adapted to the client’s context, minimised the risk of not matching the needs expressed with the developed solution. A validation of the solution was carried out as the project progressed.
The benefits expected from the implementation of a project portfolio management solution are numerous:
- A single source of information available with a single centralised database containing all business data ;
- A reduction in the time required to produce and consolidate data so that this time can be used for data analysis and decision making;
- Improved management of budget monitoring, operational steering and decision-making processes with the production of harmonised reports in real-time;
- The advent of a collaborative and user-friendly environment (Excel-like);
- Simplification of IT complexity thanks to an application that can interface with the client’s other systems (ERP, Scheduler, HR IS, etc.).
ECP Digital Services has positioned Hexagon PPM EcoSys as a project portfolio management solution that can meet our client’s needs and deliver the expected benefits. The duration of the project is 24 months.