The Vaccines division of a large pharmaceutical group managing several production sites in France needed project management support on different project portfolios.
The scope included revamping projects of existing manufacturing sites or increasing production capacity, construction of new buildings (tertiary or manufacturing), digital and data science projects, as well as international multi-site project portfolios.
In this context, this client mandated ECP to provide PMO assignments for cost and schedule management on project portfolios.
Scope of the project:
Cost estimation and control:
- Construction of the baseline budget
- Establishment of commitment curves
- Proposal of a budget breakdown
- Analysis of specifications and bids against budgets
- Tracking expenses (hours, orders)
- Processing of change requests (quotes, budget transfers, etc.)
- Reassessment of the cost of completion
- Construction of the reference schedule
- WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) proposal
- Processing of change requests
- Monitoring of the progress of deadlines
- Management of schedule revisions
- Supervision of supplier schedules
- Participation in the coordination of work
- Implementation of visual communication
- Harmonization of project management practices within the different perimeters and sites.
- Continuous improvement of deployed project management methodologies and tools (e.g. performance management, risk analysis, planning, etc.)
- Building a structured and sustainable project management partnership between the client’s teams and ECP.